Ribbon-cutting, groundbreaking and grand opening events are a great way to kick off the opening of a new business, a new addition, rebranding, a remodel or a new location . It offers the opportunity to spotlight your business and to invite your customers, partners, other area businesses, local government officials and other special guests to celebrate with you and learn more about your business. We at the Westerville Area Chamber are pleased to help our member businesses with these opening events.
Upon scheduling the event, the Chamber will:
- Extend an invitation to local government and state representatives.
- Invite Chamber Board Members, Ambassadors and staff to attend.
- Promote your event via the “Events Calendar” on the Chamber website and as “Member News” in our e-newsletter with your authorization.
- Provide the “BIG” scissors and ribbon at the event and orchestrate the actual cutting of the ribbon.
- Post your event’s photos on our social media platforms and provide copies of the digital photos to you.
To make the most of your celebration, we encourage you to:
- Coordinate the date and time with the Chamber. Try to plan at least four weeks in advance to ensure your invitees can attend.
- Send invitations to your family, friends, business partners, neighboring businesses, past, current and potential customers.
- If open to the public, create an “event” on Facebook and market, market, market on your own social media pages.
- Consider providing light refreshments and door prizes. If you provide refreshments at your ceremony, we encourage you to use a Westerville Area Chamber Member Caterer. A list can be found on our website.
- Consider holding a raffle with door prizes or providing a take home gift to increase your brand recognition beyond the ribbon cutting.
- Think about where in your space you want to do the ribbon cutting. The best spot is in front of a sign, door or wall that has your company name of logo. This is a great photo opportunity!
- The ribbon cutting ceremony may only last 15 – 20 minutes, consider providing a tour of your new space following the ceremony to continue to engage your guests and promote your business.
For further promotion of your business or event, you might consider additional advertising opportunities offered for a nominal fee through the Chamber:
- Business Special of the Week – advertise directly to Chamber members and business affiliates with an email blast and two social media posts the week of your choice. Business must provide artwork. Average reach over 1,700 - $125/week.
- Coffee Club – promote your business in the Chamber Conference Room for our daily visitors and fellow members to see. Additionally, your business will also be promoted in the Chamber e- newsletter and on the Chamber website for the month. Meeting Average 8-10 per week - $50/month.
- Mailing Labels – our Member Businesses and addresses can be printed on a mailing label for your purchase to use with your marketing material. Over 700 members - $50.
Contact the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 882-8917 to schedule your opening celebration!