Since 1970, The Alpha Group has grown to become one of the largest provider of service to
individuals with developmental disabilities in Delaware County and continue to grow to meet the needs in surrounding counties. Franklin, Union, Marion, Madison, Ashland, Morrow, Knox and Richland. We offer quality programs and services such as: Community Employment, Integrated Adult Day, Supportive Living, Transportation, Work Training.
We are credited by CARF for community employment services. We are continuing to expand our footprint in surrounding communities.
This position will be responsible for the duties involving communication, promotion, and administration of all development activities of The Alpha Group, including individual giving, corporate and foundation support, fundraising events, and grants. Additionally, ensuring Marketing/Communication responsibilities are completed in a timely manner. This position will work in coordination on other projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Facilitate, with assistance from the CEO, development and implementation of annual strategy to achieve associated financial goals for the following priorities:
- Special Events
- Individual Giving – Direct Mail Campaign
- Corporate and Foundation Giving
- Maintain and monitor a CRM Database for event, donors, and volunteer.
- Supervise the management of all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement
- Supervise the coordination of event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution.
- Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment by representing the organization and maintain appropriate professionalism at events held by local chambers of commerce and service organizations.
- Supervise and review event contractors.
- Conduct prospect research for new funding opportunities.
- Maintain grant calendar of upcoming applications and reporting deadlines,
- Compile necessary materials for grants and write narratives in collaboration with the CEO.
- Monitor and track organization’s program for grant reporting on budgets and progress towards program metrics with assistance of Directors and CEO.
- Maintenance of website
- Actively participate in staff committees as necessary and appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATIONAL: Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations; Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED and 2 to 4 years’ experience in a related field.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED SKILLS AND OTHER:
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- Must pass a BCI background check.
- Must remain in compliance with all regulatory standards governing program services, including appropriate trainings.
- Must not be a registered offender on the ODDD Abuse and Neglect Register or the Ohio Department of Health Nurse Abuser Register.
- Must have your own auto insurance (to conduct agency business in personal vehicle and receive reimbursement employee must have the amount of 100/300/100 coverage).
- Must be able to communicate in a positive manner utilizing both written and oral methods.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule, if needed.
- Polished, professional image
- Must have applied skills in word processing, website maintenance and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Ability to work without direct supervision