Business Development Manager for External Sales
The Company: Associated Employee Benefits located in Westerville, Ohio, is committed to creating customized healthcare benefit options for clients using the latest programs and innovations to provide an exceptional customer experience. With over 50 years of combined experience and unmatched expertise in the ever-changing benefits industry, we make sure our clients have the information and the guidance to make the best choices for their unique needs.
Associated Employee Benefits is seeking a Business Development Manager for External Sales with strong communication skills and a proven desire to achieve sales goals. This person will bring expertise and a commitment to developing new prospective clients to identify and solve a client’s healthcare benefit needs. This position requires sales and prospecting skills in addition to multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines and varied expectations. This position also requires a high level of self-direction, confidentiality, and professionalism, as well as the ability to think quickly and creatively and respond as needed.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Maintain a clear understanding of Associated Employee Benefits business and the services it provides.
• Develop strategies and goals to acquire new clients to contribute to the company’s overall growth and success.
• Develop new client relationships and consistently maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
• Manage new client sales and ensure recommended benefit packages meet their needs.
• Assist in designing benefits plans by advising companies within set industry guidelines and working with providers for the most effective solutions.
• Assist employers with understanding the complexities of plans, and coordinate and present employee benefits education programs.
• Oversee preliminary account management
• Interact with provider companies to evaluate plan information and to manage all client issues, as needed.
• Stay current on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect employee benefits.
• Staying up to date on the trends and changes within the benefits industry.
• Create positive work environment through proactive and regular communications, activities, and management of workflow and interactions.
Skills and Requirements:
The successful candidate for this position will have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. A proactive, entrepreneurial attitude to try new methods and identify solutions and opportunities are a must. Persuasive and able to convince others to pursue a course of action and a willingness to work hard and help the company increase its visibility and reach its revenue goals.
The preferred candidate will have a successful background in outside sides in the large group market as well as knowledge/experience of self-funding. A Life, Health & Annuity license and at least 3-5 years’ experience in benefits administration, benefits account management or related field are required. Post-secondary education is preferred.
What we offer to you:
Associated Employee Benefits offers group sales commissions with great potential for bonuses based on performance.
If you are interested in joining the Associated Employee Benefits’ team, we’d love to talk to you. Please note that we are partnering with GO-HR to fill this position. Please submit your résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associated Employee Benefits, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.