The Company: Associated Employee Benefits partners with businesses to precisely design benefits plans that match their needs and drive down costs. With over 50 years of combined experience and unmatched expertise in the everchanging benefits industry, we make sure our clients have the information and the guidance to make the best choices for their employees and their businesses.
Associated Employee Benefits is looking for an Account Manager to be a trusted advisor in identifying healthcare solutions for our clients. This position will sort through the benefit plans available, educate internal and external individuals, and work with providers to design customized solutions for clients. To best serve our clients, the Account Manager position must be able to manage their time and book of business without a great deal of direction, while ensuring accountability to the company and performance expectations. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, integrity, and industry knowledge to ensure the best level of service and peace of mind for Associated Employee Benefits clients.
Key Responsibilities & Outputs:
Develop strategies and goals to expand existing client relationships to contribute to the Company’s overall growth and success.
• Maintain and grow relationships with existing clients to ensure retention and to achieve client satisfaction.
• Manage assigned client renewals which includes working with clients to maximize benefit packages.
• Assist in reassessing benefits plans through industry guidelines and work with providers to obtain the most effective solution(s) for the client.
• Assist employers with understanding the complexities of all benefit plans; coordinate and present employee benefits education programs.
• Communicate regularly with clients and providers to understand and meet application requirements, renewal targets and any other relevant deadlines.
• Accurately apply and interpret Company and provider policies and procedures.
• Ensure client information is accurately recorded into an internal database in compliance with HIPAA for development of client records, billing, reports, and internal communications.
• Stay current on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect employee benefits.
• Serve as the primary point of contact between clients and the Company to coordinate meetings and followup communication regarding policies and enrollments.
• Provide and ensure outstanding client assistance on an ongoing basis, including but not limited to:
• Interact with Providers to evaluate plan information and to manage all client issues, as needed.
• Create a positive work environment through proactive and regular communications, activities, and management of workflow and interactions.
• Conduct research as needed to support presentations, communications, and to resolve any disputes, grievances or inquiries.
• Ensure that the Company brand is consistently applied and accurately reflected on all materials and in all communication.
• Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience: The successful candidate for this position will have the following skills, experience, and characteristics:
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Positive and engaging personality in all forms of communication with clients.
• Critical thinking with an entrepreneurial attitude to identify and resolve potential problems, help the Company increase its visibility, and reach its revenue goals.
• Deadline oriented and detail driven to ensure maximum operational efficiencies and compliance with critical timelines/schedules and third-party needs.
• Strong written and verbal skills required to produce regular communications and presentations to various stakeholders, including employees, customers, healthcare organizations, insurance companies, vendors, etc.
• Honest, ethical, and moral behavior regarding Company operations/interactions and customer confidentiality.
• Continued personal and professional development to cultivate leadership skills, better understand the financial services industry, and contribute to the Company’s success.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in a benefits administration, benefits account management or related field
Credentials and Education: Current Life, Health & Annuity license is/will be required; company will help candidate obtain. Post-secondary education strongly preferred.
Work Environment: This position works within a professional office environment. Professionalism and discretion are required. Work on a computer, telephone, and other electronic devices including various software applications up to 80% of the day. Position may be regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. Up to 25% travel within Central Ohio to support the Company’s needs.
Compensation and Benefits: Base salary with potential for bonuses based on performance measured by net profits after expenses, and on the measurements noted above and agreed upon at previous performance discussions. Health, Short-term and Long-term disability, and Basic Employee Life Insurance are paid by the Company. Dental and Vision coverage are voluntary and provided. Mileage reimbursement for conducting Company business for existing.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. Please send cover letter and resume to info@GO-HR.biz. Any inquiries to Associated Employee Benefits will be directed to GO-HR.
Associated Employee Benefits, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.