FSLA JOB CLASS:
Assistant Branch Manager
If working for a company with an empowered group of individuals dedicated to the financial well-being of their customers is appealing to you, look no further than Heartland Bank!
At Heartland Bank, our goal is quality – in our work, in our play and in our people. We value our ability to attract and retain talented professionals, as this is the bottom line for excellent customer service.
Heartland has an immediate opening for a(n) Universal Banker located at our Westerville Branch in Westerville, OH. In this highly visible role you will provide both existing and prospective clients with efficient and accurate service while developing strong professional relationships to assist in understanding their individual needs and promoting business for the bank through cross selling and referrals. Have working knowledge of all CSR responsibilities, new account opening and consumer lending.
A typical day might include the following:
- Develop and grow customer relationships through sales initiatives using industry and Heartland Bank specific product knowledge.
- Perform transactions which include, but are not limited to, processing customer transactions, opening and closing accounts, performing maintenance of all consumer products, handing lending requests, and utilizing the cash recycler technology while following established policies and procedures.
- Manage and balance assigned cash supply throughout the workday.
- Maintain and balance the vault cash supply, as well as coordinate cash shipments and deliveries.
- Comply with the Universal Banker sales performance and difference standards.
- Greet customers promptly in the lobby or on the phone, identify their immediate needs and utilize branch workflow procedures to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Complete routine on-boarding requirements for new accounts.
- Assist the team in reaching established production, sales, cross sell and operational goals.
- Complete necessary daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Refer business opportunities to various individuals throughout the institution for services such as investments, mortgage lending, commercial lending, and cash management.
- Attend required meetings or training in order to enhance skill sets and effectively communicate pertinent information to branch staff.
- Follow established security procedures, as well as ensure customer information is safeguarded at all times.
THIS ROLE MIGHT BE THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You Live Our Values. You demonstrate Heartland’s shared values and do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- You Achieve Results. You meet and exceed goals through teamwork. You grow and apply job knowledge and have focused execution.
- You Coach and Lead. You have strong communication. You are focused on performance development and foster positive relationships and trust.
- You Hustle. You possess a driven work ethic to succeed and respect focused collaboration.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of customer services, retail and/or cash handling experience preferred
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Chexsystems, ARTA, Encompass, Innovistar, ResourceOne, Premier Integrated Teller, Business Process Manager
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work environment is a climate-controlled office environment.
- Physical Demands:
- Vision (up close and distance >2/3 of the time)
- Hearing (in person and via telephone)
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch and Crawl (<1/3 of the time)
- Stand, Sit and Walk (1/3-2/3 of the time)
- Speak and Listen to internal and external clients (>2/3 of the time)
- Typing (1/3-2/3 of the time)
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT WORKING AT HEARTLAND?
- Competitive compensation package
- Healthcare on Day 1 that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) up to 4% of salary match
- Company-paid holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Casual dress policy
- Career development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement and training support
- Free checking and savings accounts
- Free financial planning
- Mortgage Rate Discount Program
Heartland Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.