Be sure to check back often for Chamber announcements and community news!
Chamber Thank You’s –
* Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Polaris for hosting the May Business After Hours. With over 30 in attendance, we hope you found hosting the event to be of value to your business. Also, the food and drinks were delicious and the theme (Luau) was a lot of fun!
* Richard Korn, Westerville Area Resource Ministry, for putting on a wonderful credit score seminar at the May Small Office Home Office meeting.
* Quick Solutions, Inc. for hosting the May Chamber University Session on Cloud Computing and Microsoft 365.
* The Columbus Zoo & Aquarium for hosting the May Young Professionals Roundtable Breakfast Series discussion featuring Tom Stalf, President/CEO of the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium. Also thank you for providing breakfast for the group and showcasing a few of the cuddly animals from the zoo! We would also like to recognize and thank the Presenting Sponsor, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
* Toukan & Company for hosting the Congressman Pat Tiberi Roundtable Discussion. Also a special thanks to Congressman Tiberi for serving as the featured guest at the event.
* Senator Kevin Bacon, Senator Kris Jordan, 90th District State House Representative Margaret Ruhl, 19th District State House Representative Anne Gonzales, and Westerville Mayor Kathy Cocuzzi for meeting with 14 Chamber Members for a roundtable discussion. The event was created as a means for business owners to ask questions that have been on their minds.
* Thanks to the panelists at the Health Care Reform Update: Shawna Davis, OhioHealth, Carrie Haughawout, Ohio Department of Insurance, Hugh Jones, Mount Carmel St. Ann's, and Edward Walsh, Clark, Schaefer & Hackett. Thanks for providing the food, Royal Ginger, and the water, Aaron's.
* Thanks to the businesses that reserved a Business Special of the Week advertisement in the month of May: Marketing Galore! and Roosters Men's Grooming Center.
April Involved Members of the Month
The Chamber would like to recognize two April Involved Members of the Month, Kelsey Stief, Heartland Bank, and Steve LeBold, Emerald Bank. Both Kelsey and Steve were insturmental in the success of this year's (and sold-out) Taste of Westerville. From sponsorship calls, to set-up and tear down, Kelsey and Steve were right there, ready to take on the next task. We appreciate their go-getter personalities. We look forward to working with Kelsey and Steve again next year for the Taste of Westerville as well as on many more committees! A special thanks to Associated Insurance Agencies for sponsoring the Monthly Involved Member Award.
2012 Business Person of the Year Video...
Congratulations Tom Bernardo, Giammarco's Pizza & Pasta
Click here for the video!
Thanks to the 2012 Business Person of the Year Award Sponsor: